Thursday, June 30, 2005

Romansu Kaa (Hakone Part 3)


Well, this is the train Satoko rebooked specifically to ride. There's nothing romantic about them, but these romansu-kaa (deluxe) trains are definitely comfortable. And to think, of all the hundreds of people on the train, a select 8 get front row seats! Does it cost extra? Reminds me of the time I had the front seats all to myself on Fujiyama at Fuji-Q High Land ...

Anyway, after the disappointing food at the Hakone Open-Air Museum, we decided to round off Satoko's birthday with a tasty Thai dinner in Shinjuku. Beer Chang was the perfect accompaniment. (Anybody remember those Big Changs in Thailand - especially Damian, if you're reading!)

Oh, I gave Satoko an iriver N10 pendant 1GB MP3 player for her birthday, but its lack of (well, poor/optional) USB Mass Storage device functionality, and refusal to play the variable bitrate MP3s I threw at it prevent me from recommending it to other friends. It's also hard to see the display through the mirrored front they put on it, so I can instead heartily recommend the player I chose for my birthday ...

No comments: