Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Quick little monkeys (Nagoya Part 1)


Last weekend Satoko and I visited Nagoya. She had several friends to catch up with including Mariko, who lives in NZ with her husband Grant and two lovely girls Kiriko (3) and Kauri (6). As seen above, they're quite a handful!

For 2 months each year Mariko brings the kids to Japan. They stay at Mariko's mother's house, and because the kids go to school while in Japan, they are truly bilingual - keeping up-to-date with both the language and the culture.

Anyway, they soon tired me out, but I felt a strange loneliness when they weren't around. Could it be that kids are addictive? I look forward to seeing them again, and can't wait to be a daddy myself now. (Gasp!)

Satoko and I really enjoyed staying with Mariko's family, so I hope we can return the favour somehow, someday. Mariko arigatou!

No comments: