Friday, December 16, 2005

Born Free

Ok, I missed a month. I had hoped that wasn't going to happen, but PWSD (Post-Wedding Slackness Disorder) and a generalised winter malaise have kept me busy with other things - like catching up with "Lost".

There are wedding pics available now that I really should post, but I need to sort them first. And since I've already taken a topic break to report on the birth of my nephew Leo (who's doing fine, BTW) I thought I'd report on another little loved one who I've been missing.

Yep, my little orange buddy Eric. Sorry for any dog-lovers reading, but "man's best friend" is over-rated, IMHO. ;-) Sure dogs are more consistently social and interactive. But when you're taking a nap, and a cat decides the best place in the whole house to sleep is right on top of _your _ nap, it feels pretty special.

Anyway, Eric was recently relocated from the house where he grew up to my parents' new place, and despite my worries about the transfer, he seems to be thriving. He's not 'fat' thriving! That's just the camera angle. What I mean is he hasn't run away yet or been put on Prozac.

Amongst all the friends and family I miss back home, Eric's up there near the top of the list. I can't wait to give him a cuddle when I finally visit NZ in 2006 (sometime) for my sister Sophie's wedding. More pics soon ...

2 comments:

puddle titan said...

. . . and don't forget, it's coming into cricket/crunchy-bug-snack season down here, so Eric will soon be up to his furry lill' ears in all the proteinaceous morsels he can get his paws on.

That, combined with his daily Jellymeat allotment, may indeed have him 'thriving' in more ways than one. :)

sicklittlemonkey said...

Yeah, he does love those crunchy little bugs. Sometimes he used to bring one home for daddy!

But jellymeat was only a special treat for him. Actually I used to get those little packs of veal or rabbit. ;-) His usual diet was and hopefully still is IAMS bisuits, which made his fur really soft.

Heh, I remember Satoko put a miniature mistletoe wreath over his cat flap! ;-)